Bios Urn
0 comment Friday, April 4, 2014 |
Bios Urn
"Bios Urn is a biodegradable urn made from coconut shell, compacted peat and cellulose and inside it contains the seed of a tree. Once your remains have been placed into the urn, it can be planted and then the seed germinates and begins to grow. You even have the choice to pick the type of plant you would like to become, depending on what kind of planting space you prefer."
I love the idea of this Bios Urn, as I have contemplated biodegradable materials and the infinite continuity of matter in my art research and practice.
Personally, I find the concept of death and giving life to another organism quite beautiful. Life as an inanimate, thoughtless being has always appealed to me.
If anyone else has any thoughts on the Bio Urn, I'd love to know what you think. What kind of plant would you be? I'd like to be a willow tree. :)

Labels: , ,